The NAIA and the championship committee announced the adjusted schedule for the remaining two days of the 2022 Outdoor Track and Field National Championships held in Gulf Shores, Ala.
Day one (Wednesday) was cut short due to the thunderstorms that rolled through during the early evening, forcing the NAIA to adjust the remaining schedule.
Thursday's schedule will now begin with the final two heats of the women's 4x800 relay at 11am (Dordt will run in the first heat). The men's 4x800 relay will follow at 11:20am with the women's and men's steeplechase prelims up next at 11:50am and 12:10pm. Eric Steiger, Nic Veldhorst and Peter Shippy are all slated to compete in the steeple. The finals of the 4x800 relays have also been moved and will now take place on Friday morning at noon / 12:15pm.
Later on Thursday, the women's and men's 4x400 relays have been moved up and will run at 8:30pm and 9pm, respectively. The men's high jump (Grant Brouwer) will be held at its original time (4:30pm).
Thursday's Schedule for the Defenders:
- Women's 4x800 Prelims - 11am
- Men's 4x800 Prelims - 11:20am
- Men's Steeplechase Prelims - 12:10pm
- Men's 800m Prelims - Payton Mauldin - 3:50pm
- Men's High Jump - Grant Brouwer - 4:30pm
- Women's 400m Prelims - Emma Bakker - 5pm
- Women's 4x400 Prelims - 8:30pm
- Men's 4x400 Prelims - 9pm